05 April 2011

Cupcake dreams

All I seem to talk about on this blog lately is CUPCAKES!  I can't help it.  They are mostly wonderful things and what can be wrong about daydreaming of such morsels? 
I have to admit that I have neglected this blog a little lately in favour of my most recent blog, "Fourteen Weeks", a saga of my training for the Gold Coast Marathon on 3 July.  It seems that running training is beginning to consume my life.  On the matter of my Marathon, I have decided to start a fundraising page, to raise money for the Leukemia Foundation, via Everyday Hero.  I am hoping that some of you will have enough faith in my ability to run 42.2kms that you will sponsor me and thereby help those who are suffering terribly with leukemia.  Please take a look at it and see how you go.  It's tax deductible!!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I have raised money for them before, shaving my head a few years back.  I used to work with leukemia patients and have the utmost regard and respect and admiration for their bravery and positive outlook and will be thinking of them as I struggle to run those kilometres. So, if you can help, even just a tiny bit, I would be very grateful!  :o) xxxx
As far as NON-running life goes, I enrolled in my uni degree this weekend and have decided to start my brilliant journalism career with the subject of Feature Writing.  I already have a credit for Newswriting, which I did a few years ago.  I think I will start with one subject, just to see how I go, because I am still working and am just not really sure how it will all fit in.  I recently ordered some books from The Guardian which arrived today!  I have "How to Write" and "Guardian Style".  So, hopefully they will give me some tips on how to be a good journalist!  Right, well, time to get on with my current job so cheerio folks! 

No comments: