12 August 2011

The hazards of plastic surgery

Okay, if I ever had ideas of plastic surgery (which I didn't), they are officially Out The Window now.  Yesterday the boss sliced me open (so dramatic!) and removed a squamous cell carcinoma from the bridge of my nose - and it hurts!  I've really been loading up on the panadol and panadeine and I just can't understand why it is so painful.  Me of all people know all about needles in my face after having had multitudinous injections of local anaesthetic in my mouth over the past 35 years to get my missing front tooth sorted out.  The worst part of it all is the warning NOT to run for a whole week! He's already a bit worried about how red it is...
So, at this rate, I am going to be a whale by my wedding day because I have not been running nearly enough and I am sure I am porking up.  I just want to get back into the rhythm of regular running.  I'm actually thinking about giving a triathlon a go this summer.  Okay, so I can barely swim or cycle but I've got to start somewhere, don't I?  Have I blogged and told you about my addiction to Pinterest?  Oh dear. It is such a monumental time waster - and so enjoyable too.  It's basically a virtual pin-board where you can pin photos from the internet of all sorts of things.  I can barely drag myself away!  I think it's linked to Twitter in some way, which I have as yet to work out.  I'd best sign off.  Our lunchbreak is over and my co-worker is on a Friday afternoon tidy up rampage - yawn...  Here's a little something to think about over the weekend.

Tell me Hugh, this office is not (really) a pig pen! Is it...?


I almost forgot to tell you that I am now a PUBLISHED WRITER!  Okay, so "self-published" is probably a more accurate description and the fact that only one book is in print makes it collectable, don't you think?  I turned my running blog "Giddy Up Jen" into a book!  It came out really, really well.  Of course, if any of you would like a copy (ha!) I will be happy to arrange an autographed one for you. I will get "my people to talk to your people".  Oh crumbs.  I live in such a dream land...

Look at this gorgeous camelia. I took this photo out the front of my office. I am wondering if I can come back in the dead of night and take a clipping for our garden. 
THIS was on Pinterest...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, I hope the pain eases soon, and week off running is probably not a bad thing - you are due for a break! I'm a fan of plastic surgery if it helps to improve areodynamics. Can we expect some new PBs from you soon?