04 August 2011

Bedtime at 7:30pm

Is it really very, very wrong to want to go to bed at 7.30pm on a Thursday evening?  Really?  Okay, well just as well I didn't go to bed but stayed up and here I am, blogging my heart out.  I have been Googling about and setting up my new laptop that Spud has bought for me. I LOVE IT!  It's my first ever laptop and it's fabulous.  So easy to use!  Okay, so it's a tiny bit heavy - but I am a Big Strong Girl.  I have found this amazing website too called Pinterest, which seems to be a giant pinboard of pictures of ... stuff.  There are hundreds of photos of great ideas.  I'm not quite sure how it works but it strikes me initially as a great time-wasting tool.  Another one - big sigh.  It is SO easy to procrastinate in the 21st century.  Speaking of which, I have been collecting pictures of beautiful flowers.


Anyway, if you have a few minutes to spare, have a peek at the site and see what YOU can make of it!  I have also joined Twitter (@jenjwms) and again, I don't really have a clue what I'm doing there either - but I DO have followers!!  I guess practice makes perfect.  As for uni, well...  I started to get a bit "scared" this week.  Our lecturer/tutor started talking Seriously about story structure and how to write a Profile piece etc.  Now I am driven to win a Walkley-award winning feature story for uni.  Ha!  Only the very, very best experienced journalists win that award so WHY do I think I need to write something of that calibre?  I will "shoot for the moon and if I miss, at least I will fall amongst the stars".  I like that! To add pressure, I have volunteered again this year for the Brisbane Writers Festival, which is on in early September.  Last year I met Anh Do (see blog archives) which was a major highlight.  And this weekend, on the running front, I have the Brisbane Running Festival where I am going to run 10km with my Fabulous Tens.  Should be a fun day and I am really looking forward to the vibe of hundreds of happy runners.  Still recovering from the marathon.  I have bursitis in my gluteus max and also shin splints so I am a bit sore but have plenty of stretching in my future.  Now, time to dream of one of my favourite treats....  I said "ONE". There are - big sigh - so many....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Macaroons - yum! Did you see French Food Safari on SBS last night? They made macaroons and they looked fantastic. All the best for Sunday, wish I could be there shuffling along the banks of Brissy River.