17 February 2008

Bring on the analgesia

Hi Happy Readers
First of all, my big news.  My big GLOAT.  I ran 10 miles this morning.  Read, T.E.N.  That is, 16.1km.  Okay, okay so I won't pretend it was easy.  It was incredibly difficult & rather painful.  I didn't really enjoy myself one jot & found myself pondering why I was torturing myself in this manner.  However, now that I'm home, dosed with Panadeine & full of fruit toast & tea, I am feeling rather proud of myself and that, of course, is the key.  That's the reason I do it!  Now I remember...  All the running today has been a bit of a stress buster for me as the last week I have been a little Strung Out & it's mainly all to do with electronic appliances.  Oh, bring back the 70's I say!  Firstly, my mobile 'phone is playing up so after a discussion with a technician, I have a new one but haven't got the energy or courage as yet to set it up.  My keyboard & mouse at work have been running on their own agenda so have been replaced, albeit slightly unsuccessfully.  My co-worker & I seem to have spent more time UNDER our desks than above them this week!  Steve has a new laptop & a router that we have had all manner of chaos trying to set up.  The instructions are always different to the reality.  Why is that?  We ended up in the Customer Service queue at the computer shop yesterday where an incredibly helpful 17 year-old youth set us on the right path.  I asked him if he wanted to move in with us but he just looked at me like I was a mad woman, can you believe it?  It's moments like this when I fantasise about life before computers, modems, mobile phones, iPods etc.  Big sigh.... 


No comments: