12 February 2012

What a tragic...

It's official. I am a TRAGIC.  Of the worst kind.  The kind that repeats itself, over and over.  Yes, I just noticed/realised I have already put a photo of Colin in his bathtub on this blog and I had no recollection of it!  I am doomed.  If I am like this pre-50, what will I be like at 70?  I am despairing. Today is my last day of work and these are the utterly DIVINE flowers The Boss and my co-workers had delivered to me.  Aren't they gorgeous?  I am so lucky.
Of course, it was completely FERAL at work so I've not had one moment to be sad about leaving The Best Job I've Ever Had with the most fantastic co-workers in the universe.  That's what makes it so hard to say Goodbye.  We've had so much fun and I've met so many wonderful, kind and friendly people with such interesting stories.  Big sigh….
This is basically the only photo I have of myself and The Boss…  

A slither of chocolate cake (from Pamela's Pantry) for afternoon tea...

Goodbye desk…  It's looking so neat too.
With Cherry, my wonderful co-worker for the past five years...

Cupcake and LF fighting over paying for parking
We had a lovely evening with The Boss and my co-workers at Peasant, a tapas bar, where we drank lovely Spanish white wine and pigged out on delicious Mediterranean food.  It was a lovely way to finish up.  I shouldn't be too distressed though because I'm going to see them all next week when The Boss carves skin cancers off my cheek and my back .  That's the only plastic surgery I've ever managed to get out of him - skin cancer removal.  What a shame I wasn't more vigilant about hat wearing in my younger years…. 
 This rodent looks how I feel today..
By the way - there will be no immolation of my writing on this blog for the time being. My story about terrible driving has been accepted by the RACQ "Road Ahead" magazine!!  They're even sending a photographer!  I am so pleased and really, the whole episode has been a really good lesson in pitching my story to the right publication and also, I've learned a whole lot about re-writes.  I just have to remember that there will be plenty more rejections in my future and rather than fall into a soup of despondency, I should relish them as a form of education .  

No comments: